On The Gleaux: The Journey Begins
Life in The Gleaux Lane =
Me, my converted van named Gleaux and life on the road with her.
Me, my converted van named Gleaux and life on the road with her.
Many years before there was a #Hashtag #VanLife I had been exposed to life on the road with my parents. My mom used to own a 1972 VW Westy Camper van fully equipped with a bed, couch, bathroom facilities and kitchenette. I don’t have many regrets in life but selling that van along with her fleet of VW Bettles over the years is most certainly a hard reality. I honestly did not cherish them then. If only I knew then what I know now. I am now working toward living a minimalist lifestyle.
I have no desire to live in a tiny house full time. However living on Coolbreezes our 35 ft yacht 6 months out of the year (Dec-Feb) and (May-July) has taught me that a scaled down space is comfortably more than enough. When on board we live very minimal with, a small capsule of clothing, enough food stocked in our galley cabinets and refrigerator to get us through a week at a time, we shop locally and make a point to only buy whats needed. We keep a very clean and open uncluttered salon (living and dinning room area and are very conscious of our environment. The conservation of water is our way of life. All of this has brought me to my latest obsession which has added another moniker onto my name which is now #vanlifeenthusiast! If you’ve been following along with my little squares on Instagram (although a lot of our adventure photos have been deleted prior to 2015) than you’ve surely noticed that we are constantly traveling on the go or as I like to put it #onthegleaux! We are nomads that travel the world, daycation, road trip, bike ride and hike. One of the things I do for fun is search hosting sites my favorite is Airbnb for a getaway stay location. So far under my profile I have over 10 folders filled with dream destinations. Some we’ve visited and others we’d like to. So one recent day a light bulb went off in my head that said “ hey, what better way to spend time on the road, exploring, adventuring and living part of the 6 months that I am in The States than a mobile home!!!!!!! We’d save a ton of money on hotel stays and have stories of a lifetime. Plus it’ll be one more reason for our adult children to think we are geeks, cornballs and weird!!!! It’s a win win! I already have the layout planned in my head. So the icing on the cake is that my parents have this 16 passenger van just sitting in the driveway. It needs some work done, but the plan is to convert this baby into my home on wheels. I envision hard wood floors, throw carpets, curtains and all kinds of bohemian chic decor!!!!!
***Here’s another added bonus, when I #WWOOF I no longer have to stay at a hosts home/facility. Although I’ve never had a problem, but it’s nice to have an option!
#vanlife #bohemiansoul #gypsy
#SlowTravel #VanLifeEnthusiast
#Sustainableliving #Vanlifediaries
#MinimalisticLifestyle
Life in the Gleaux Lane
xoxoxox
Qiyamah
xoxoxox
Qiyamah
Comments
Post a Comment